Meet Celine Chen

Hi, my name is Celine Chen and I’m a senior mathematics major at Bryn Mawr College. I was born and raised in Portland, OR so coming all the way across the country to a city where I had no support network in was definitely a fun challenge.

Ultimately, I chose to come to Bryn Mawr because I wanted to be able to explore the east coast. College is a great opportunity to experience what it’s like to be young and live in a completely different place. On top of that, I’ve noticed that being so far away from home has allowed me to grow a lot as an individual and practice responsibility in everything I do. Besides the geographical location of Bryn Mawr, which is suburban (a quick 20-30-minute train ride from the cultural, and historical city of Philadelphia), Bryn Mawr’s focus on empowering young women really appealed to me. The campus is all about creating a tight-knit community with your peers that fosters growth and long-lasting relationships.

I’m excited about participating in this Admissions internship position to share all that I have learned and loved about Bryn Mawr my past three years attending the college. Additionally, there are a lot of fun and quirky facts about Bryn Mawr I think can only be shared by someone who has lived through life as a “Mawrtyr.” I hope you find this blog useful. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!