How to Make the Most of Your Visit to Bryn Mawr’s Campus
Before I became an admissions counselor, I was one of Bryn Mawr’s student tour guides and interns. I heard many families and students say that visiting our campus sealed the deal about applying and attending Bryn Mawr. Tours and information sessions personify the college experience—you get to see the sights beyond the website or brochures and meet with community members directly.
Whether you’re flying into Pennsylvania or driving down the road, here are some tips about how to make the most of your campus visits during the college tour season.
- Plan ahead and sign up online.
- We offer tours every morning and afternoon with an information session in between. If you sign up online ahead of time, it will ensure that you meet our staff and tour guides.
- If you visit campus outside of business hours, there is a self-guided tour with QR codes in front of each building.
- Dress to walk outside.
- Our tours last about an hour long and will take you on a loop around campus. Check the weather before picking your outfit, wear comfortable shoes, apply sunscreen, and bring a water bottle.
- Prepare questions and be intentional about who you direct them to.
- Our admissions team is very knowledgeable about the ins and outs of Bryn Mawr, but they have different areas of expertise. The tour guides can directly speak to the student experience while the admissions counselors are up to date on the application process.
- If you have questions about financial aid, their staff is also equipped to address your concerns. We’re more than happy to answer all your questions!
- Interviews for rising seniors and transfer students.
- Want to stand out on your application? Our admissions counselors and senior tour guides offer interviews throughout the day. Interviews are optional, but highly recommended! We want to know more about who you are and what you bring to the table beyond your written application.
- Consider the mundane.
- The truth is in the details. Notice how people interact with one another on campus. Take note of the posters for upcoming events. Do people clean up after themselves? This will give you insight into what daily life on campus is like.
- Follow up.
- Kind interactions go a long way. Make yourself positively memorable by thanking your admissions counselor and tour guide after your visit.
- There is contact information available at the front desk for all our staff members and tour guides. You can also reach out to tour guides via our PeerPal messaging service.
We hope to see you on campus soon! If you can’t visit Bryn Mawr, no worries! We have many virtual options for you to learn more about us in the fall.